Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)

Guide For Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)

Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)

The Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) is for a common-law spouse, step-child or handicapped child of an Employment Pass or S Pass holder. Pass holders earning over $12,000 can also get a pass for parents.


Key facts on Long Term Visit Pass

Get a overview and key facts about the Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) for certain family members of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.

Who it is for Common-law spouse, step-child or handicapped child of an eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders. Those earning over $12,000 can also bring in their parents.
Who can apply An employer or appointed employment agent must apply on behalf of the candidate.
What is the duration Up to 2 years, tied to the validity of the main work pass.
Is it renewable Yes.
Work in Singapore Yes. Eligible LTVP holders may be able to work here if they find jobs.
Foreign worker levy or quota No foreign worker levy or quota required.
Relevant legislation Conditions of Work Pass
Employment of Foreign Manpower Act


Eligibility for Long Term Visit Pass

Eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders can bring certain family members to Singapore on a Long Term Visit Pass.

You can apply for a Long Term Visit Pass for your family if you meet these requirements:

  • Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass.
  • Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of $6,000.
  • Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).

From 1 January 2018, work pass holders will need to meet a minimum salary criteria of $6,000to enjoy dependant privileges.

You can get a pass for the following family members:

  • Common-law spouse.
  • Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old.

  • Unmarried step-children under 21 years old.
  • Parents – only for those earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000.

If you are legally married or have children, you may be eligible for a Dependant’s Pass.


Documents required for Long Term Visit Pass

You need to submit documents such as copies of passport details and birth or marriage certificates along with the Long Term Visit Pass application.

You will need the personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport to apply for a Long Term Visit Pass:

You may need to submit additional documents depending on the family member applying:

Family member

Additional documents

Common-law spouse Any one of the following:

  • Copy of the common-law marriage certificate.
  • A letter from the embassy acknowledging that the work pass holder (WPH) and spouse are in a common-law relationship under the laws of their country.
  • An affidavit from the WPH declaring that the WPH and spouse are in a common-law relationship under the laws of their country. The affidavit must also be notarised in that same country.
Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years of age A letter or report from a medical practitioner on the child’s condition.
Unmarried stepchildren under 21 years of age A copy of the court order on the child’s custody.

A letter from the other biological parent stating there is no objection to bringing the child to Singapore.

Parents A copy of the work pass holder’s birth certificate that states the names of the parents.
  • For non-English documents, you must submit all of the following:
    • Original document.
    • English translation of original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
    • MOM may ask for other documents during reviewing of your application.


Working in Singapore for Long Term Visit Pass holders

If you are holding a Long Term Visit Pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower, you will need to get a work pass to work in Singapore.

You first need to get a job offer in Singapore, then get your prospective employer to apply for an Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit for you. You will have to meet all the criteria for the pass that your employer is applying for.


You are not allowed to work in objectionable occupations such as a dance hostess or a masseur.


ACHI BIZ is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.
Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.