Singapore Letter Of Consent (LOC)

Guide For Singapore Letter Of Consent (LOC)

blankSingapore Letter Of Consent (LOC)

You can apply for Letter Of Consent (LOC) to work in Singapore if you are an eligible Dependant’s Pass holder, or an LTVP/LTVP+ holder who is the spouse or unmarried child of a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident.


Key facts on Letter of Consent (LOC) in Singapore

Get key facts about the Letter of Consent (LOC) for eligible pass holders to work in Singapore, i.e. Dependant’s Pass holders, LTVP/LTVP+ holders who are spouse or unmarried children of a Singaporean or permanent resident.

Find out key facts about the pass:

Who it is for
  • Eligible LTVP/LTVP+ holders and Dependant’s Pass holders who want to work in Singapore.
Who can apply
  • An employer or appointed employment agent needs to apply for the Letter of Consent.
Is it renewable
  • Yes.
Foreign worker levy or quota
  • No foreign worker levy or quota required.
Relevant legislation
  • Conditions of Work Pass
  • Employment of Foreign Manpower Act

blankEligibility for Letter of Consent

The Letter of Consent (LOC) allows eligible Dependant’s Pass, LTVP or LTVP+ holders to work in Singapore if they find a job here.


Who is eligible

To be eligible for a Letter of Consent, you need to be one of the following:

  • A Dependant’s Pass holder who is a dependant of an Employment Pass  (EP), EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holder.
  • An LTVP or LTVP+ holder who is married to a Singaporean or permanent resident.
  • An unmarried child (under 21 years old) of a Singaporean or permanent resident, who holds an LTVP.

If you are a dependant of an S Pass holder, you should apply for a Work PermitS Pass or Employment Pass instead.

The LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass has to be valid for at least 3 months, and you must have a job offer with a Singapore employer.

blankYou are not allowed to work in objectionable occupations such as a dance hostess.


Who can apply

The employer or appointed employment agent can apply for the Letter of Consent. You can only begin working after the employer has received the LOC.


Duration of the pass

The duration granted for the pass is based on the earlier of these:

  • What the employer indicated in the LOC application.
  • The expiry date of the LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass.

The LOC stops being valid when:

  • The LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass is cancelled or expires.
  • You are no longer employed by the company. The employer still needs to cancel the LOC.


blankLetter of Consent: documents required for selected professions

For selected professions, you will need to submit additional documents when applying for a Letter of Consent. These include healthcare professionals, lawyers and regional representatives.

  • For non-English documents, you must submit the original document and an English translation. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
  • Other than these documents, MOM may ask for other documents during reviewing of your application.

You will need to submit additional documents for these professions:

For regional representatives of overseas companies

You will need:

  • A copy of the approval letter from Enterprise Singapore for setting up the representative office in Singapore.
  • A letter from the representative’s office headquarters stating:
    • The purpose of the application.
    • The duration of the candidate’s assignment.
    • A guarantee for the maintenance and repatriation of the candidate.
For healthcare professionals, lawyers, football players or coaches

You will need supporting documents from the respective professional bodies:


Professional body

  • Singapore Dental Council
Diagnostic radiographer
  • Allied Health Professions Council
  • Singapore Medical Council
Football player or coach
  • Sport Singapore
  • Legal Services Regulatory Authority
  • Singapore Nursing Board
Occupational therapist
  • Allied Health Professions Council
  • Singapore Pharmacy Council
  • Allied Health Professions Council
Radiation therapist
  • Allied Health Professions Council
Speech therapist
  • Allied Health Professions Council
TCM practitioner
  • Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board
blankFor employees in a food establishment

A copy of the foodshop licence issued by NEA.

If you have a new establishment and don’t have the licence from NEA yet, you can submit a copy of the “Application for Foodshop Licence” letter issued to you by NEA.


Click the below links to learn more about:

Renewal Of Letter of Consent (LOC) In Singapore

The Letter of Consent (LOC) is renewable. Employers can renew a Letter of Consent (LOC) up to 6 months (180 days) before it expires.

Cancellation Of Letter of Consent (LOC)  In Singapore

You must cancel a Letter of Consent (LOC) when the employment is ceased within 1 week after the LOC holder’s last day of notice.

Replacement of a Letter of Consent (LOC)

Employers can request for a replacement if the LOC has been misplaced or lost.

If the Letter of Consent has been misplaced, the Employer needs to report the loss and request for a replacement with the below link (copy & paste the URL):


ACHI BIZ is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.
Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.
× WhatsApp ACHI!