Guide For Singapore Dependant Pass (DP)

Singapore Dependant Pass (DP)

The Dependant’s Pass allows spouses and children of Employment Pass or S Pass holders to join them in Singapore. Find out which family members are eligible.


Key facts on Dependant’s Pass

Get a overview and key facts about the Dependant’s Pass for spouses and children of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.

Who it is for
  • Legally married spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders.
Who can apply
  • An employer or appointed employment agent must apply on behalf of the candidate.
What is the duration
  • Up to 2 years, tied to the validity of the main work pass.
Is it renewable
  • Yes.
Work in Singapore
  • Yes. Eligible Dependant’s Pass holders may be able to work here if they find jobs.
Foreign worker levy or quota
  • No foreign worker levy or quota required.
Relevant legislation
  • Conditions of Work Pass
  • Employment of Foreign Manpower Act

Eligibility for Dependant’s Pass

Eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders can bring certain family members to Singapore on a Dependant’s Pass.

You can apply for a Dependant’s Pass for your family if you meet these requirements:

  • Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass.
  • Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of $6,000.
  • Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).

For dependants of EntrePass holders, refer to these requirements.

From 1 January 2018, work pass holders will need to meet a minimum salary criteria of $6,000 to enjoy dependant privileges.

You can get a pass for the following family members:

  • Legally married spouse.
  • Unmarried children under 21 years old, including legally adopted children.

If your family members are not eligible for a Dependant’s Pass, they might qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass.

Working in Singapore

Dependants of Employment Pass holders, EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holder can get a Letter of Consent to work in Singapore if they find a job here.

Dependants of S Pass holders will need to apply for a Work Permit, S Pass or Employment Pass instead. They will have to meet the eligibility criteria for these passes.


  • Dependant’s Pass holders who get an Employment Pass or S Pass are required to cancel the Dependant’s Pass.
  • For S Pass dependants who get a Work Permit, the Work Permit’s validity period will be tied to that of the S Pass holder’s pass.


Documents required for Dependant’s Pass

You need to submit documents such as copies of passport details and birth or marriage certificates along with the Dependant’s Pass application.

You will need these documents to apply for a Dependant’s Pass:

  • Copy of the personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
  • For children who share a passport with their parent, you must also submit the parent’s personal particulars page.

Depending on the family member applying, you will need to submit these additional documents:

Family member Additional documents
Spouse (legally married)
  • Copy of the marriage certificate.
Unmarried children under 21 years
  • Copy of the official birth certificate stating the parent’s names.
  • Verification of Vaccination Requirements (for entry to Singapore) document issued by HPB is needed for new DP applications for foreign-born children aged 12 years old and below. Existing DP, LTVP and Student pass holders do not need this document.
Unmarried, legally adopted children under 21 years
  • Copy of the adoption order or other relevant documents.
  • Verification of Vaccination Requirements (for entry to Singapore) document issued by HPB is needed for new DP applications for foreign-born children aged 12 years old and below. Existing DP, LTVP and Student pass holders do not need this document.

MOM may ask for other documents during reviewing of your application.

For non-English documents, you must submit the original document and an English translation. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.


Diphtheria and Measles Vaccination Requirements for Foreign-Born Children Applying for Long-Term Immigration Passes (LTVP) in Singapore

With effect from 1 February 2019, the Ministry of Health (MOH) of Singapore will require documentation of diphtheria and measles vaccination to be submitted by foreign-born children as a prerequisite for the application of long-term immigration passes in Singapore.

Foreign-born children aged 12 years old and below, who are applying for the Dependant’s Pass (DP) or Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), and the Student’s Pass (STP) issued by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), are required to submit documented proof of vaccination or evidence of immunity for diphtheria and measles to the Health Promotion Board (HPB) for verification. They will have to do so before they proceed with their applications to MOM or ICA for long-term stay in Singapore. Existing pass holders will not be subject to the requirements when renewing their pass or applying for a new pass.

Please refer to HPB website for more detailed information on this requirement at:


ACHI BIZ is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.
Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.
× WhatsApp ACHI!