Pre-Approved Letter Of Consent (PLOC)

Guide For Pre-Approved Letter Of Consent (PLOC) In Singapore

A man holding PLOC is working in the officeSingapore Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC)

The Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC) allows eligible Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP/LTVP+) holders who are spouses or children of Singaporean or permanent resident to work in Singapore. Eligible foreigners who apply for, or renew an LTVP/LTVP+ with ICA will be given the option to apply for one.

The PLOC is tied to an individual and not to any specific employer. Hence, the PLOC holder is not required to re-apply for it whenever there is a change in employment.

Key facts on Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC) in Singapore

Get key facts on who is eligible to get a Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC) to work in Singapore, and the type of occupations that PLOC holders are not allowed work in.

Find out key facts about the pass:

Who it is for
  • Spouses and unmarried children (under 21 years old) of Singaporeans and permanent residents who are eligible for a Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP/LTVP+), and wish to work in Singapore.
Who can apply
  • Eligible foreigners who are applying for, or renewing their LTVP/LTVP+ with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) will be given the option to apply for one.
Is it renewable
  • Yes, they can request for another PLOC when they renew their LTVP/LTVP+ with ICA.
Foreign worker levy or quota
  • No foreign worker levy or quota required.
Relevant legislation
  • Conditions of Work Pass
  • Employment of Foreign Manpower Act

Eligibility for Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC) in Singapore

The Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC) allows eligible LTVP/LTVP+ holders to work in Singapore without having to find a job first.

Who is eligible

You need to be a spouse or unmarried child of a Singapore citizen or permanent resident who is issued with LTVP/LTVP+ with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) to apply for one.

Who can apply

When eligible foreigners apply for, or renew their LTVP/LTVP+ with ICA, they will be given an option to apply for a PLOC at the same time.

Duration of the pass

The duration will be the same as your LTVP/LTVP + that is issued by ICA.

The PLOC will no longer be valid when your LTVP/LTVP+ expires, or is cancelled.

If you do not wish to continue working, you do not need to cancel the PLOC. You can choose not to apply for PLOC when you renew your LTVP/LTVP+.

What if I’m not eligible for a PLOC

You need a Letter of Consent (LOC) if you wish to work. When you get a job offer, the prospective employer will need to help you apply for an LOC.

Taking up employment

When Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC) holders take up employment in Singapore, the prospective employer needs to notify MOM.

To take up employment in Singapore, PLOC holders must:

  • Show your employer the PLOC that was issued to you together with your valid LTVP/LTVP+.
  • Comply with other specific legal requirements in Singapore (e.g. registration requirements to practise selected professions).

Notify MOM

Employers of PLOC holders must notify MOM:

  • Before the PLOC holder starts work.
  • Within 7 days from their last day of work.

You also need to remind your employee to renew their LTVP/LTVP+ with ICA 3 months before expiry.

Start of Employment

Once the Employer has notified MOM duly then the PLOC holder employee could start work immediately. It’s advisable to keep a copy of submission of notification with MOM by the Employer for records.

Comply with licensing requirements

As an employer, you must also comply with licensing requirements, such as for massage establishments, or security licensing from the Police.

Restricted Occupations

If you are a PLOC holder, you cannot work in certain restricted occupations.

PLOC holders are not allowed to work in restricted occupations such as:

  • Journalist
  • Editor
  • Producer
  • any religion-related occupation.

See the full list of restricted occupations.

If you are an LTVP/LTVP+ holder applying for any of these restricted occupations, your prospective employer must apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) instead.

ACHI BIZ is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.
Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.
× WhatsApp ACHI!