The Work Permit for Malaysian Confinement Nannies is a short-term permit usually issued for up to 16 weeks starting from the birth of your child.
Find out who is eligible and how to apply for the Work Permit.
Get an overview and key facts about the Work Permit for hiring a foreign Confinement Nanny to work in Singapore.
Find out key facts about the Work Permit for confinement nanny:
|Who it is for|| |
|Who can apply|| |
|Qualifying salary|| |
|What is the duration|| |
|Is it renewable|| |
|Passes for family|| |
|Foreign worker levy|| |
|Medical insurance|| |
|Relevant legislation|| |
Eligibility for Work Permit for confinement nanny
You can hire a confinement nanny from Malaysia on a Work Permit to help with your newborn. Both you and the nanny need to be meet the eligibility criteria.
To hire a foreign confinement nanny, you need to:
- Be 21 years old and above at the time of application.
- Get a Work Permit for your confinement nanny.
- Pay a monthly levy.
- Have a newborn under 4 months old.
The maximum validity of the Work Permit is 16 weeks starting from your child’s date of birth. If you apply after your child is born, the validity will be shorter.
Confinement Nanny eligibility
Your confinement nanny must:
- Be a Malaysian.
- Be 23 to 70 years old at the time of the application.
- Work at your residence.
You and your confinement nanny are bound by the basic Work Permit conditions. For example, the nanny cannot work for other employers in an occupation other than that stated in the Work Permit.
You will need to pay monthly levy fees for your confinement nanny. The amount is as follows:
- If the new born child is a Singapore citizen: $60 per month.
- If the new born child is non-Singapore citizen: $265 per month.
Note: If you have another foreign domestic worker registered under your name, you will get a combined monthly levy fee deductible by GIRO.
- A medical examination is optional. You may want to send your confinement nanny for a medical checkup because she will be in contact with your newborn.
- You should buy medical insurance of at least $15,000 to cover your nanny during her employment with you.
| || |
You can request to extend your confinement nanny’s stay in Singapore if her visit pass is cancelled or if the duration given for the visit pass is less than her employment period.
| || |
You must cancel your Confinement Nanny’s Work Permit if she no longer works for you or when the Work Permit expires.
ACHI BIZ is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.