From 1 April 2016, all employers must maintain detailed employment records of employees covered by the Employment Act in Singapore.
Here are the detailed requirements such as what items to include and how long to keep them.
Employers must maintain records for all employees covered by the Employment Act.
What to record
The records are in two categories:
- Employee records
- Salary records
- Soft or hard copy, including handwritten.
For how long
- For current employees: Latest two years.
- For ex-employees: Last two years, to be kept for one year after the employee leaves employment.
- NRIC number for Citizen & Permanent Resident employees
- Work pass number and expiry date for foreign employees
- Date of starting employment
- Date of leaving employment
- Working hours, including duration of meals and tea breaks
- Dates and other details of public holidays and leave taken
The items are the same as for itemised pay slips.
|# ||Item description |
|1 || |
|2 || |
|3 || |
- Date of payment (or dates, if the pay slips consolidates multiple payments).
|4 || |
For hourly, daily or piece-rated workers, indicate all of the following:
- Basic rate of pay, e.g. $ X per hour.
- Total number of hours or days worked or pieces produced.
|5 || |
- Start and end date of salary period.
|6 || |
Allowances paid for salary period, such as:
- All fixed allowances, e.g. transport.
- All ad-hoc allowances, e.g. one-off uniform allowance.
|7 || |
Any other additional payment for each salary period, such as:
- Rest day pay
- Public holiday pay
|8 || |
Deductions made for each salary period, such as:
- All fixed deductions (e.g. employee’s CPF contribution).
- All ad-hoc deductions (e.g. deductions for no-pay leave, absence from work).
|9 || |
|10 || |
|11 || |
- Start and end date of overtime payment period (if different from item 5 start and end date of salary period).
|12 || |
- Net salary paid in total.
Source of Information for all Work Passes & their related matters is from the Ministry Of Manpower, Singapore.
You may wish to visit Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) online for detailed information and current updates.
Please CONTACT us if you wish to know more about this service or many other services.