At ACHI Biz, we provide a trustworthy & honesty Immigration related services.
The following schemes are available for application:
Singapore Citizen by Descent Scheme
– Children of age 1 year old and below born outside Singapore to Singapore Citizen parent(s).
Family Ties Scheme
– Singaporeans sponsoring their wives or husbands and children for Singapore Citizenship.
– Applicants applying based on their own merits, aged 21 and above.
How to Apply
If you are a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) who wishes to apply for Singapore Citizenship for yourself, your spouse and your children, these are the application requirements.
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Applying by yourself
|Aged 21 or older|
|SPR for more than 2 years|
Applying as the spouse of a Singapore Citizen
|Married to a Singapore Citizen for 2 years or more|
|Aged 21 or older|
|SPR for 2 years or more|
If you are applying for your child, you must meet one of these sets of requirements:
Citizenship by descent
At least one parent must meet one of these conditions:
- The father is a Singapore citizen who was born in Singapore. Both he and the child’s mother were lawfully married at the time of the child’s birth.
- The father is a Singapore Citizen by registration. Both he and the child’s mother were lawfully married at the time of the child’s birth. The child must not have acquired citizenship of its country of birth.
- The mother is a Singapore Citizen who was born in Singapore (applies to minors born on 15 May 2004 or later).
- The mother is a Singapore Citizen by registration (for minors born on 15 May 2004 or later). The child must not have acquired citizenship of its country of birth.
- In the case where the father or mother is a Singapore citizen by descent only (i.e. not born in Singapore), one of the following conditions must apply:
Within a period of 5 years before the child’s birth, the parent must have accumulated at least 1 year of residence in Singapore within a period of 5 years before the child’s birth; or
- The parent must have resided in Singapore for 4 years before the child’s birth.
Step 2: Prepare required documents
Download and complete the citizenship application form and annex for yourself and your spouse (if any). Affix one recent passport-sized colour photograph of the applicant to the completed citizenship application form.
You are required to provide several documents to support your application. For a full list of documents required, please refer to the ICA website.
Step 3: Apply at the ICA
Singapore Citizenship Applications can be submitted via the internet or by completing an application form and submitting it to ICA in-person. Application forms sent by post will not be accepted. With effect from 1st June 2016, all applications must come with an appointment through the following means:
- Submit online via e-SC (Electronic Singapore Citizenship Application). You will be asked to make an appointment date after submitting the e-SC application;
- Complete a Singapore Citizenship Application form and attach all the supporting documents, then make an appointment online via ICA’s Electronic Appointment Booking System from 1st June 2016 for a date to submit the application at ICA.
- Fees payable: $100 (NETS and Cash Card only)
Step 4: Interview with the ICA
An interview officer will verify your submitted documents against your application form. You will make a declaration before the interviewing officer, stating that all information provided in your application is true and correct.
If you are applying as the spouse of a Singapore Citizen, your spouse (the sponsor) must be present during the interview.
The child must be present at least once during the interview stage or collection of citizenship certificate at the ICA or Embassy / High Commission of Singapore.
Step 5: Receive your application outcome
You will be notified of the outcome of your Singapore citizenship application by post. The notification will indicate the appointment date for you to register for Singapore Citizenship at the ICA.
You will also be advised to renounce your foreign citizenship at the relevant embassy or High Commission in Singapore.
Step 6: Renounce foreign citizenship
Visit the relevant embassy or High Commission in Singapore with your passport. You will be issued with letters stating the renunciation of your citizenship, and the surrender of your passport. Note: This step is not compulsory for applicants below age 21 and whose nationality is “stateless”.
Step 7: Complete Citizenship Registration Formalities
Prepare these documents:
- Original and a photocopy of the renunciation letter of foreign citizenship
- Letter stating the surrender of your foreign passport from the relevant authorities (not applicable for applicants below age 21 and for applicants whose nationality is “stateless”)
On the day of your appointment, proceed to Citizen Services Centre at ICA Building. Obtain a queue number to complete the registration of your citizenship and apply for your identity card and Singapore passport.
You will have to pay the following fees (NETS and CashCard only):
- Citizenship registration: $70
- Identity card: $10
- Passport: $80
After paying the fees, you will take the “Oath of Renunciation, Allegiance and Loyalty” before the Commissioner of Oaths.
Step 8: Attend the citizenship ceremony
You will be required to attend a citizenship ceremony at a later date. (applicants below 6 years of age are exempted from the ceremony.) A citizenship folder comprising your citizenship certificate and identity card will be presented to you at the citizenship ceremony.
If you need other official confirmation of your citizenship status, you can request for a letter of confirmation from the ICA. For more information, please visit the ICA website.
Why ACHI Biz for Singapore Citizenship?
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR SUCCESS!
- Proficiency in handling
- Sound Knowledge of Immigration Policies
- Analysing Policies up to date
- Gathering information from our other pool of clients too
- Case studies based on the gathered information
- Strong competency on documentations
- Adhere to internal Policy for structured approach
- Know how to handle with complex cases
- We strive best towards success
- Free Appeal for 1 time
- Refund 50% of fees upon unsuccessful outcome
- No bluffing!
- We are genuine professionals with Trustworthiness & Honesty