LTVP Issued by ICA

Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) Issued by ICA

As a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR), you can sponsor a foreigner to stay in Singapore on a Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) issued by ICA if they are:

  • Your spouse
  • Your child (aged under 21)

Additionally, you must be aged above 21 to sponsor:

  • Your parent
  • A mother or grandmother of a child or grandchild studying in Singapore on a Student’s Pass
  • A visitor seeking permission to give birth in Singapore


Who can apply LTVP?

To submit an application for a Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP), you need a Singapore citizen / Permanent Resident who has a SingPass account. He / She will serve as your sponsor and lodge the application via SingPass at ICA’s e-Service, which is found on their website.

For example, if you are married to a Singapore citizen/permanent resident, then your spouse serves as your sponsor. 


What is Singapore Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+)

Spouses of Singaporean citizens or Permanent Residents may qualify for the Singapore Long Term Visit Pass Plus (LVTP+).

The LTVP+ allows the holder to stay in Singapore for three years initially and can be renewed for up to five years for each renewal. Holders of an LTVP+ may enjoy employment and health benefits.

However, the conditions for eligibility for the LTVP+ include having at least one Singaporean child. If there is no child, you could still qualify if you have been married for at least three years.


You will be eligible to apply / renew for Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) if you are a:

  • Spouse of a Singapore Citizen (SC)
  • Spouse of a Singapore Permanent Resident (PR)
  • Child (aged under 21) of a Singapore Citizen (SC)
  • Child (aged under 21) of a Singapore Permanent Resident (PR)
  • Parent of a Singapore Citizen (SC)
  • Parent of a Singapore Permanent Resident (PR)
  • Graduate from an Institute of Higher Learning seeking employment in Singapore
  • Mother or Grandmother of a child or grandchild studying in Singapore on a Student’s Pass
  • Visitor seeking permission to give birth in Singapore


Work passes for holders of Long Term Visit Passes (LTVP) issued by ICA

If you are holding a Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) issued by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), you can work in Singapore only if you get a work pass.


  • You are not allowed to work in objectionable occupations such as a dance hostess or a masseur.
  • Your LTVP should have a validity of at least 4 months remaining if you wish to apply for a Work Permit.


Spouses and children under 21 years old of Singaporeans and PRs

  • Note: If you do not have an LTVP or LTVP+ from ICA, then you cannot work in Singapore unless you qualify for an Employment PassS Pass or Work Permit on your own merit.
Holding LTVP or LTVP+

If you are holding a Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP or LTVP+) issued by ICA, you can work in Singapore if you get a Letter of Consent (LOC).

You first need to find a job in Singapore and get the employer to apply for an LOC for you.

Apply or renew LTVP or LTVP+

If you are applying for, or renewing, your LTVP or LTVP+ with ICA, you will be given the option to apply for a Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC).

The PLOC allows LTVP or LTVP+ holders to work in Singapore without the need to find a job first.

Note: PLOC holders are not allowed to work in some restricted occupation such as journalist, editor, sub-editor, producer, or in any religious occupation. To work in these occupations, your prospective employer need to apply for an LOC.


Other family members of Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PR)

Parents or parents-in-law of Singaporeans and permanent residents who are holding an LTVP can work in Singapore on a Work Permit. They will only be counted under the employer’s overall quota.

The rest of family members who are not holding an LTVP will need to qualify for an Employment PassS Pass or Work Permit on their own merit to work in Singapore.


Parents accompanying a child studying in Singapore

If you are a Long Term Visit Pass holder accompanying a child who is studying in Singapore, you are not allowed to work during your first year here.

This is to encourage you to spend more time with your child and help him or her adjust to Singapore’s education system.

After you have been in Singapore for a year, you can find a job and your employer can apply for a Work Permit for you. Your employer needs to apply for the permit using WP Online at www.mom.gov.sg.

Under the Work Permit, you are:

  • Able to work in any sector.
  • Not subject to source country restriction.
  • Only counted under your employer’s overall quota.
  • Subject to the foreign worker levy.
  • Not allowed to work in objectionable occupations (bar or dance hostess, masseur, etc.).

You will need these documents to apply for a Work Permit:

  • Copy of the child’s student pass.
  • Copy of the child’s birth certificate.
  • Letter from the child’s school indicating your child’s current education level.
  • Copy of your current LTVP.
  • Copy of your passport personal particulars page.



  • Alternatively, the employer can try to apply for an Employment Pass or S Pass for you. However these passes are usually harder to get than a work permit because they require higher educational qualifications and a high minimum salary.


Documents required for a Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)

When applying for an LTVP, all documents have to be in original copies and in English. If they are not, they must be translated by a professional translator with notarisation.

Anyone who applies for a Singapore LTVP must have the following documents:

Basic documents required for

Required basic documents

For Applicant
  • Photocopy of your passport’s bio-data page.
  • Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card
  • Recent photo based on ICA’s requirements
Additional documents required based on the purpose of travel:

Additional documents required for

Required additional documents

For spouse
  • Marriage certificate
  • Document showing the highest level of education of both spouses
  • Divorce certificate, for either partner, in case one of you has had a divorce in the past.
  • Letter of Long-Term Visit Pass Eligibility (LLE) (If applicable)
For dependant child
  • Child’s Birth Certificate
  • Parent’s divorce or custody documents (if applicable)
For parent of Singapore citizen/permanent resident
  • Child’s birth certificate
  • Adoption papers (if applicable)
For a foreign graduate seeking employment in Singapore
  • Certificate with highest academic achievement.
Mother / Grandmother of Student Pass holder
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce certificate / custody documents, if applicable.
  • The Student Pass holder’s passport
  • The student’s Pass Card
  • For mother: Child’s birth certificate
  • For grandmother: Child’s birth certificate and birth certificates of his / her parents.
Foreign visitor wanting to give birth in Singapore
  • Marriage certificate
  • Letter from local doctor informing about the mother’s due date and whether there are any complications.
  • Letter from the mother’s embassy/high commissioning, informing that the child will receive the mother’s nationality, as well as a valid passport.
Documents required from the Singapore Citizen / Permanent Resident (PR)
For PR / SC as a Sponsor
  • Identity Card
  • Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past three years
  • Central Provident Fund (CPF) Statement for the past 12 months which shows the monthly CPF contributions.
  • Letter of employment, which shows the start date, position, and monthly salary.
  • Document showing the highest level of education of both spouses
  • Divorce certificate, for either partner, in case one of you has had a divorce in the past.

If self-employed:

  • Valid registration certificate issued from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
  • The company’s Profit and Loss Statement over the last 12 months.

Source of Information for Immigration & its related matters is from both the Ministry Of Manpower (MOM ) and The Immigration And Checkpoints Authority (ICA), Singapore.


ACHI BIZ is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your Immigration related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for successful outcome.
Please refer to our GUIDES to know About Singapore or choose SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.

× Available on SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday