Appeal to refund overstaying fines
For pass holders (work pass holders or dependants) who meet any of these conditions, business employers or employment agents can appeal for a refund of the overstaying fines imposed by MOM (By ICA):
- Pass holders have obtained legal stay from the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- There was a delay in the processing of the pass holders’ pass extension requests.
You need to upload the following supporting documents to submit this appeal
For Pass holders employed or sponsored by a company:
- A signed appeal letter with your company’s letterhead stating the details of the appeal.
- Pass holders’ documents to support the appeal (E.g. ICA’s approval email on the Short-Term Visit Pass extension or passport page with ICA’s stamp showing the legal stay granted).
For Foreign domestic workers (FDWs) (Maid):
- A signed appeal letter from their employer stating the details of the appeal.
- FDWs’ documents to support the appeal (E.g. ICA’s approval email on the Short-Term Visit Pass extension or passport page with ICA’s stamp showing the legal stay granted).
- MOM will email you the outcome within 4 weeks.
- The in-principle approval letter does not give pass holders a legal stay in Singapore. Thus, if you did not extend their stay in time, MOM will not entertain such requests to refund the overstaying fines.
- Employment agents must obtain the employers’ written authorisation before submitting the appeal.
Forms for appeal submission
For excluding FDW employers:
For FDW employers:
FAQ on appealing to get refund of overstaying Fines
Source of Information:
For all types of Work Passes with their related matters is from the Ministry Of Manpower (MOM), Singapore &/or Immigration And Checkpoints Authority (ICA), Singapore accordingly.
For all other matters are from the relevant Authorities or Agencies of Government of Singapore.
ACHI is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.
Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.