Work Holiday Pass (WHVP)

A smiley young student girl with books & headphoneSingapore Work Holiday Pass (under Work and Holiday Visa Programme) (WHVP)

At ACHI, we provide a trustworthy & honesty Employment and Recruitment Agency services.


All foreigners who intend to work in Singapore must have a valid pass (commonly known as a work visa) before they start work. If any employer is engaging the foreigners to work in Singapore, then the employer must ensure that the foreigners hold a valid work pass.

There are many types of work passes available in Singapore with their own features and stipulated terms and conditions by the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM).

Work Holiday Pass (under Work and Holiday Visa Programme) (WHVP)

The Work and Holiday Visa Programme allows eligible Australian students and graduates to work and holiday in Singapore for 12 months. Find out about the programme and how to apply.

Key facts on Work and Holiday Visa Programme

Get an overview and key facts about the Work and Holiday Visa Programme (WHVP) for Australian students and graduates to work and holiday in Singapore.

Find out key facts about the pass:

Who it is for
  • Eligible Australian students or young Australian graduates who want to work and holiday in Singapore.
Who can apply
  • Candidate or appointed Employment Agency (EA) can apply for the pass.
What is the duration
  • 12 months.
Is it renewable
  • No. The WHVP is issued only once.
Passes for family
  • Not available.
Foreign worker levy
  • No.
  • A capacity of 500 places at any one time.
Relevant legislation
  • Conditions of Work Pass
  • Employment of Foreign Manpower Act

 Eligibility for Work and Holiday Visa Programme

The Work and Holiday Visa Programme is for eligible Australian students and graduates who want to work and holiday in Singapore for up to 12 months.

Who is eligible

You can apply for a Work Holiday Pass under the Work and Holiday Visa Programme if you meet these requirements:

  • You are an Australian citizen.
  • You are aged 18 to 30.
  • You hold a university degree, or have completed the equivalent of two years of full-time undergraduate university study.

The Work and Holiday Visa Programme has a capacity of 500 applicants at any one time.

Do’s and don’ts

What you can do

What you cannot do

  • Work as employees of companies registered with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
  • Work as employees of organisations registered with the Registry of Societies (ROS).
  • Work in professions (such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, architecture, law, etc), as long as you have the registration requirements to practice in Singapore.
  • Cannot take up free-lance employment.
  • Cannot work with the same employer for more than 6 months. You can choose to find another employer after that, or spend the rest of the time holidaying.
  • Cannot study or train for more than 4 months. This includes internships, part-time or full-time courses, and on job training.

Apply for a Work Holiday Pass

Under the Work and Holiday Visa Programme, you can get a Work Holiday Pass that lets you live and work in Singapore for 12 months. It takes around 4 weeks to process an application.

At a glance

Who can apply
  • Candidate or Appointed employment agency
How much it costs
  • When the pass is issued:
  • $150 for each pass
  • $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable)
How long it takes
  • Around 4 weeks
Related eServices
  • Apply for Work Holiday Pass
  • EP Online – get the pass issued
  • Make an appointment
  • Check card delivery status

These are the steps for applying:


Who does this


Submit an application
  • Candidate or Appointed employment agency
  • In-principle approval letter or rejection letter
Get the pass issued
  • Appointed employment agent or candidate
  • Notification letter
Register fingerprints and photo (if required)
  • Candidate
  • Acknowledgment of card delivery
Receive the Work Holiday Pass card
  • Authorised recipients or candidate
  • Work Holiday Pass card

Note: If you are planning to submit your application early, make sure it is not more than 3 months from your intended travel date.

Submit an application

Processing time: Around 4 weeks

To submit an application for a Work Holiday Pass under the Work and Holiday Visa Programme:

  1. Submit the application online.
  2. Attach soft copies of the following required documents:
    • A letter from the university stating your matriculation, name, nationality, date of birth and year of study.
    • A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport.
    • (For graduates) A copy of the degree certificate or transcripts.
    • (For undergraduates) A copy of the student card issued by the university.
  • If the documents from your university are not in English, submit a copy of the original document and an official English translation certified by the university.
  • Documents must be in PDF or JPEG format.
  • Each document’s file size must not be more than 2MB.

It takes around 4 weeks to process the application. If your application is approved, you will get an in-principle approval (IPA) letter by email.

The Work Holiday Pass under the Work and Holiday Visa Programme is valid for 12 months. You must get the pass issued within 3 months of the date of the IPA letter.

Get the pass issued

When: Within 3 months of in-principle approval

You or your appointed employment agent can ask for the pass to be issued. You need to be in Singapore when the request is made.

There are two ways to get the pass issued:

  • Using EP Online (use this if you have an employment agent or if you have a SingPass)
  • Over the counter

Using EP Online

You (if you have SingPass) or your employment agent can apply to have the pass issued using EP Online. To get the pass issued:

  1. Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents (see What you’ll need).
  2. Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
    • $150 for each pass
    • (If applicable) $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa
  3. When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.

The notification letter:

  • Allows you to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
  • States if you need to register to have your fingerprints and photo taken.

Over the counter

If you are the candidate and you don’t have SingPass, you can have your Work Holiday Pass issued over the counter at the Employment Pass Services Centre.

You must make an appointment for the pass to be issued.

Bring these documents for your visit:

  • Completed card delivery form.
  • Supporting documents (see What you’ll need).

What you’ll need

You will need the following for the pass to be issued:

  • Candidate’s passport details.
  • Details of the candidate’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
  • Candidate’s residential address in Singapore.
  • A local address where MOM can deliver the card.
  • Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details.

You may also need copies of these documents:

  • Disembarkation/Embarkation card (IMM27).
  • Completed medical examination form.
  • Completed declaration form attached with the candidate’s in-principle approval letter.

Register fingerprints and photo

When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)

Check the notification letter for whether you need to register your fingerprints and photo. First-time candidates or those whose last registration was more than 5 years ago will need to register.

For registration, you or your employment agent must make an appointment for you to visit EPSC. You need to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.

Bring along these documents for the appointment:

  • Appointment letter.
  • Notification letter.
  • Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter.

Receive the Work Holiday Pass card

When: 4 working days after registration or document verification

MOM will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after you register and get your documents verified at EPSC.

If you don’t need to register, MOM will deliver the card 4 working days after checking your documents.

The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before the delivery.

You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.

Download SGWorkPass to scan QR code on your new card to check status, expiry date and more.

If card delivery fails

After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at EPSC.

You or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don’t need an appointment.

Bring along these documents for the visit:

  • Candidate’s original passport.
  • Notification letter.
  • (If an authorised person is collecting) the completed authorisation form for card collection at EPSC.


FAQ on WHP Issuance by Employment Agency with IPA





I have got approval of my WHP. Currently I am in Singapore. Can you be able to assist with Issuance of my WHP?
  • Yes, we are an MOM licensed Employment Agency functioning 24/7/365.
  • We could issue your WHP as required.


How do I get my WHP (Work Holiday Pass) issued with IPA?
  • Either you can book an appointment with MOM or you can get your WHP issued by an Employment Agency.


Who can issue Work Holiday Pass (WHP) with IPA?
  • You can book an appointment with MOM for issuance.
  • You may get your WHP issued by an Employment Agency.


Who else can issue Work Holiday Pass (WHP) beside MOM?
  • You may wish to get your WHP issued by an Employment Agency.


Can Employment Agency issue Work Holiday Pass (WHP) with IPA?
  • Yes, the licensed Employment Agency is also allowed to issue most of the work passes issued by MOM.


When the Issuance will take effect?
  • WHP Issuance is with immediate effect upon submission online.


Whether I will get Multiple Journey Visa (MJV) & if so then for how long?
  • WHP holder will be issued with Multiple Journey Visa for 6 months (180 days) immediately upon issuance.


What documents I will get after Issuance?

You will be provided with:

  • Issuance Notification Letter.
  • Receipt of Fee payment from MOM.
  • Our Service Fee Invoice with Receipt.


When can I start my employment after issuance with Notification Letter?
  • You are allowed to start your employment and stay in Singapore upon Issuance of your WHP.


Is there any fees payable to MOM for Issuance of my WHP and obtaining Multi Journey Visa (MJV) if applicable?

Yes, there are fees payable to MOM:

  • Issuance Fee To MOM: SGD175.
  • MJV Fee To MOM: SGD30.
  • Note: Some Nationalities may not require MJV.


Is there any service charge for the Employment Agency to assist with my WHP issuance?
  • Yes, there is our (EA) service charge.
  • Please contact us for it.


If I wish to proceed through your Employment Agency (EA), what is the next step?

Please send us:

  • 1) Payment Proof.
  • 2) In-Principle Approval (IPA) Letter
  • 3) Duly filled-up & signed Declaration Form
  • 4) Passport
  • 5) SG Arrival Card Email
  • 6) Short Term Visit Pass (STVP) Email
  • 7) Return Ticket Confirmation
  • 8) Singapore Residential Address
  • 9) Email address &
  • 10) WhatsApp / Mobile Number.


How the issuance process will take place?
  • Upon receipt of the required documents we would prepare the necessary Forms for digital signatures obtaining by email.
  • Once e-signed documents are received then we would submit with MOM for Issuance which is immediate.
  • If fingerprint is required then it will be stated in the Issuance Notification Letter and we would make an appointment for it otherwise the card will be arranged with delivery to your residential address or our Office.


Cancellation Of WHP (under Work & Holiday Visa Programme) (WHVP)

You need to cancel your Work Holiday Pass when you have finished your stint under the Work Holiday Programme. You can cancel it yourself or get an employment agent to do it for you.

Learn more about cancellation of WHP (Under WHVP)

Frequently Asked Questions about WHP (Under WHVP)

Your burning questions on Work Holiday Pass (Under WHVP) are answered here.

Learn more about FAQ on WHP (Under WHVP)


ACHI biz is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.
Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.