You can get a waiver for your foreign domestic worker (FDW) levy payments only in certain situations. These include overseas leave and hospitalisation leave.
You can apply for a levy waiver only if your helper:
- Is on overseas leave for at least 7 consecutive days.
Capped at 60 calendar days per calendar year. (Note: In light of COVID-19, MOM has temporarily lifted the cap from 60 to 90 calendar days for Foreign Domestic Workers (FDW) on overseas leave, for the year 2020.)
- Is on hospitalisation leave issued by Singapore hospitals.
Capped at 60 calendar days per calendar year.
- Does not return to Singapore after overseas leave.
- Is under police custody or is housed at the embassy.
- Passed away.
What you need
|If your helper||You need|
Went on overseas leave
Was admitted to a hospital in Singapore
Any of the following:
Was in the custody of the police or embassy
|A letter from the relevant organisation stating the period of custody.|
When to apply
- You can apply for the levy waiver only after the levy has been charged and it must be within 1 year of the levy bill.
- If the waiver period requested is from January 2015 (start month) to February 2015 (end month), you must submit the application by 31 January 2016.
How to apply
Use this form to apply for a levy waiver if your helper meets one of the below conditions:
- Your helper went on overseas leave for at least 7 consecutive days (You should apply for the waiver after the helper returns to Singapore).
- Your helper did not return from overseas leave (If your helper did not return, you should cancel the Work Permit before applying).
- Your helper was on hospitalisation leave.
- Your helper was under police custody.
- Your helper was housed at an embassy.
- Your helper has passed away.
You should only apply for a waiver after the helper’s levy has been billed and paid.
Please use this form:
How to calculate the waiver
Amount waived = Monthly levy rate – Levy payable
- Waiver period: 1 – 15 September
- Helper’s levy rate: $265 monthly (or $8.72 daily)
How to calculate
- Count the number of days from 16 to 30 September where levy is payable, i.e. 15 days.
- Find out the amount of levy payable using daily rate, i.e. 15 days x $8.72 = $130.80
- Amount waived = Monthly levy rate – Levy payable
$265 (monthly levy rate) – $130.80 (levy payable) = $134.20 (amount waived)
Please refer to MOM website at www.mom.gov.sg or www.cpf.gov.sg for more detailed information and up-to-date guidelines with regulations.