You can get a waiver for your foreign domestic worker (FDW) levy payments only in certain situations. These include overseas leave and hospitalisation leave.
You can apply for a levy waiver only if your helper:
- Is on overseas leave for at least 7 consecutive days.
Capped at 60 calendar days per calendar year. (Note: In light of COVID-19, MOM has temporarily lifted the cap from 60 to 90 calendar days for Foreign Domestic Workers (FDW) on overseas leave, for the year 2020.)
- Is on hospitalisation leave issued by Singapore hospitals.
Capped at 60 calendar days per calendar year.
- Does not return to Singapore after overseas leave.
- Is under police custody or is housed at the embassy.
- Passed away.
What you need
|If your helper||You need|
Went on overseas leave
Was admitted to a hospital in Singapore
Any of the following:
Was in the custody of the police or embassy
|A letter from the relevant organisation stating the period of custody.|
When to apply
- You can apply for the levy waiver only after the levy has been charged and it must be within 1 year of the levy bill.
- If the waiver period requested is from January 2015 (start month) to February 2015 (end month), you must submit the application by 31 January 2016.
How to apply
- You need to apply online at www.cpf.gov.sg website. After logging in, choose Application for Waiver of Foreign Worker Levy (Domestic).
- You can check your application status online after 12 working days.
- You can view online levy waiver demo at www.cpf.gov.sg
How to calculate the waiver
Amount waived = Monthly levy rate – Levy payable
- Waiver period: 1 – 15 September
- Helper’s levy rate: $265 monthly (or $8.72 daily)
How to calculate
- Count the number of days from 16 to 30 September where levy is payable, i.e. 15 days.
- Find out the amount of levy payable using daily rate, i.e. 15 days x $8.72 = $130.80
- Amount waived = Monthly levy rate – Levy payable
$265 (monthly levy rate) – $130.80 (levy payable) = $134.20 (amount waived)
Please refer to MOM website at www.mom.gov.sg or www.cpf.gov.sg for more detailed information and up-to-date guidelines with regulations.