FAQ On Work Holiday Pass (WHP)

FAQ On Work Holiday Pass (under Work Holiday Programme) (WHP)

Your burning questions on Work Holiday Pass are answered here.

Can I extend my stay on the Work Holiday Programme?
Can I re-apply for WHP again? If so then how long after I can re-apply?
  • You can only re-apply for another Work Holiday Pass after 12 months from the day your previous one had expired or was cancelled.
Can I stay in Singapore without a job while on a Work Holiday Pass?
  • Yes. You can stay in Singapore for 6 months.
Can I travel out of Singapore while on the Work Holiday Programme?
  • Yes. If you are waiting for your Work Holiday Pass card, you can use the notification letter to travel in and out of Singapore.
Do I need to find a job before I apply for the Work Holiday Pass?
  • No.
  • However, if you’ll be working in professions such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, architecture or law, you will need to comply with registration requirements to practise in Singapore.
Do I need to have a medical examination before applying for the Work Holiday Pass?
  • No.
  • However, you will be required to make a health declaration before MOM issues your pass.
Do I qualify for Work Holiday Pass (WHP) if I study at a university from an eligible country, but I am not the country’s citizen?
  • Yes. You qualify as long as you’re a full time student or a recent graduate from a university in an eligible country.
  • You are aged 18 to 25 at the time of application.
  • You are an undergraduate or graduate of a university in Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom or United States.
  • Your university is recognised by the government of the respective ten countries or regions.
  • For undergraduates: you have been a resident and a full-time student of the university for at least 3 months before applying for the pass.
  • For graduates: you were a resident and a full-time student of the university.
  • Note: The Work Holiday Programme has a capacity of 2,000 applicants at any one time.
What other requirements are there for the Work Holiday Programme?
  • In addition to being an eligible student or graduate, you must be able to support yourself financially while in Singapore.
  • During the application process, you’ll need to declare sufficient funds for your arrival, stay and departure.
What should I do if I have an internship soon but cannot get a Work Holiday Pass under Work Holiday Programme?
  • You can ask your prospective employer to apply for a mainstream work pass for you. For example, the Training Employment Pass (TEP) allows foreigners to take up internships or training in Singapore for 3 months.
  • If you’re an Australian, you can apply for a Work Holiday Pass under the Work and Holiday Visa Programme for Australians.
Can I hold a Work Holiday Pass (WHP) to work for two or more companies at the same time?
  • Yes. The Work Holiday Pass does not restrict the number of employments you can undertake at any point of time.
ACHI biz is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.


Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.