File An Appeal In A Maternity Leave Dispute In Singapore

File An Appeal In A Maternity Leave Dispute In Singapore

You can file an appeal against your employer if you have a dispute over maternity leave or feel that you have been unfairly dismissed.
During your pregnancy, you have maternity protection against retrenchment or unfair dismissal.
If you have a dispute about your maternity leave, first speak with your employer to understand the situation.
If you believe you have been dismissed without sufficient cause, you can:

  • Submit an appeal in writing to the Minister for Manpower after the dismissal and within 2 months of the birth of your child.
  • Seek the union’s help (if you are a union member).
  • Seek legal help.

You must be covered by the Employment Act or the Child Development Co-Savings Act to submit a claim.

Submitting an appeal

To submit an appeal:

  1. Download and complete the appeal form.
  2. After completing the form, you can either:
    • Email it to mom_lrwd@mom.gov.sg.
    • Post it to:
      Labour Relations and Workplaces Division
      Ministry of Manpower
      1500 Bendemeer Road
      Singapore 339946

Source of Information for Employment, all Work Passes & their related matters is from the Ministry Of Manpower & TAFEP.
You may wish to visit Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) online for detailed information and current updates.

Please CONTACT us if you wish to know more about this service or many other services.