Notify MOM Of Changes Of Particulars For Employment Pass (EP) Holders

Update changes of EP holders with arrow signsNotify MOM Of Changes Of Particulars For Employment Pass (EP) Holders

If you are an Employment Pass (EP) holder or employer, find out when and how to notify MOM of changes, including updates to company name and address, occupation, salary and residential address.

You will need to notify MOM in these situations:
Decrease in pass holder’s salary

Who does this: Employer

  • As an employer, you must notify MOM if you lower or raise a pass holder’s salary.
  • Before you consider lowering the salary, you should use the EP / S Pass self-assessment tool to determine if the pass holder still qualifies for an EP at a lower salary.
  • If the pass holder continues to qualify for the work pass, you can submit the request through EP Online.
  • You need to submit the request 1 month before the date you intend to lower the salary.
Increase in pass holder’s salary

Who does this: Employer

  • You don’t need to inform MOM immediately unless you are applying for dependant privileges.
  • Instead, you can indicate the change in salary when you renew the EP.
Applying for dependant privileges such as DP or LTVP
  • If you are raising the salary in order to apply for dependant privileges, you need to submit a request and upload the following documents:
  • Pass holder’s itemised payslips for past 3 months.
  • A clear copy of the pass holder’s latest IRAS statement.
Change in company’s name, paid-up capital & financial information

Who does this: Employer

  • You can update change of your company’s name or paid-up capital by using isubmit option with supporting documents.
  • To update your company turnover, log in to EP Online.


  • These updates only apply if there is no change in legal entity or registration number.
Change in company address

Who does this: Employer

  • You can update your company address using EP Online.
  • This will ensure that you continue to receive important messages and correspondences from MOM.
Change in business entity

Who does this: Employer

  • You need to inform MOM if your company is undergoing the following types of changes that will result in the change in the CPF submission numbers:
  • Changing to another type of business entity (e.g. from a sole proprietorship to a private limited company), where at least one of the directors, partners or sole proprietor will move to the new entity.
  • Undergoing full merger, acquisition or amalgamation of entities.
  • Renewing a business registration with a different ACRA number while keeping the company name.

How to apply:

To update your business entity:

  • Declare your Business Activity for the new business entity (with a new CPF submission number).
  • Complete the Request Form for Change of Business Entity.
  • Submit a scanned copy of the form using iSubmit. Under Request Type, choose option 6.
  • Your request will be processed within 14 working days by MOM.

Upon approval:

  • There will be a one-time transfer of all your Employment Pass holders to the new business entity.
  • Your old business entity will no longer be able to apply for work passes.
If a pass holder is transferred to a related company

Who does this: Current employer

  • An Employment Pass holder can be transferred to a related company (e.g. subsidiary or parent company).
  • You can get this done by following the steps below.
  • Get the related company to apply for a new Employment Pass for the employee. The related company doesn’t need to advertise on Jobs Bank beforehand.
  • Cancel the existing Employment Pass when the employment ends. Cancellation must be done before the new employer requests to issue the new Employment Pass.
  • If you are transferring Employment Pass holders because two companies are undergoing full merger, acquisition or amalgamation, you should change your business entity instead.
Change in pass holder’s occupation

Who does this: Employer

  • Submit a request.
  • Choose the closest match to the new occupation, from the A-Z list of standard occupations: A-I, J-R, S-Z.
  • (For some occupations) You need to upload support letter from the respective professional bodies.
  • MOM will email you the outcome within 3 weeks.
If a pass holder goes missing

Who does this: Employer

  • You must make a missing person police report and cancel the Employment Pass within 1 week of knowing that the pass holder is missing.
Change in pass holder’s residential address or Mobile Number

Who does this: Employer or pass holder

  • W.e.f. 23-Dec-2020 as a pass holder, you must update MOM within 5 days of changing your home address or Mobile Number otherwise you may be penalised.
  • Log in to EP Online to update the address. From 14 Sep 2018, your address must meet the housing requirements before you can get it updated.
  • Print the acknowledgment page and keep it with your pass card.
  • Your employer can also update on your behalf.
Provide a reference for your pass holder

You can be a reference for your pass holder’s conduct, character, work attitude or performance.

To provide a reference:

  • Prepare a soft copy letter with your company letterhead. Include the following information in the letter:
  • Pass holder’s name and FIN
  • Your name, signature, phone number and email
  • Your NRIC or FIN
  • Your job title or position in the company
  • Submit the letter to MOM.
  • State “Reference for Pass holder” in the message and then MOM will:
  • Inform anyone who applies for a work pass for your ex-work pass holder that MOM has received feedback.
  • Release your contact details so that they can find out more, if they wish to do so.
  • The employer can choose to hire the foreigner even if they receive negative feedback.


  • MOM will only ban foreigners from employment if they are charged and found guilty of an offence under Singapore law.
Change in pass holder’s personal particulars

Who does this: Employer or pass holder

  • You need to inform MOM of changes in personal particulars such as passport number, name or marital status.
  • You can update the passport number and expiry date instantly using EP Online.
  • Written requests to update these two details will no longer be accepted.
  • To change the following particulars, you will need to submit your Request Form (SingPass is not required) and upload the relevant supporting documents.
  • Your request will be processed within 7 working days and the outcome will be posted to you.


  • MOM will inform ICA about the changes to passport details.
  • If the pass holder wishes to clear immigration using the automated gates at the checkpoints, they can do so after 4 working days from the update.
To Change
Supporting documents


  • Pass holder’s passport
  • Documents to verify the change in name, e.g. deed poll, marriage certificate


  • Pass holder’s passport

Date of birth   

  • Pass holder’s passport
  • Birth certificate showing date of birth, country of birth and country of origin

Marital status

  • Pass holder’s passport
  • Documents to show the change in marital status, e.g. marriage certificate or divorce papers


  • Pass holder’s passport

Country of birth or origin

  • Pass holder’s passport
  • Birth certificate showing date of birth, country of birth and country of origin

Malaysian ID details

  • Pass holder’s passport
  • Front and back copy of Malaysian identity card

Please refer to MOM website at www.mom.gov.sg or www.cpf.gov.sg for more detailed information and up-to-date guidelines with regulations.

ACHI is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.


Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.