Renewal of Employment Pass (EP)

Renewal of Employment Pass (EP) In Singapore

You can apply to renew an Employment Pass if you want the pass holder to continue working for you. This is provided you still meet the criteria or requirements set by MOM.
The criteria for older and more experienced EP candidates has been increased w.e.f. 01-Sep-2020, for example, an EP applicant in his early 40s will need to earn around double the new minimum qualifying salary of either $4,500 for all Sectors w.e.f. 01-Sep-2020 or $5,000 for Financial Sector w.e.f. 01-Dec-2020.
EP renewals will be subject to the new salary requirement only with effect from 01-May-2021 to moderate the impact on businesses.

At a glance

When to renew
  • You can start renewing up to 6 months before the pass expires.
  • You must renew before the expiry date.
  • Check when you can start renewing at www.mom.gov.sg
  • For Employment Pass (sponsorship): you can start applying to renew when you get the renewal forms by post, 3 months before the pass expires. Your application need to reach us at least 2 months before the pass expires.
Who can renew
  • Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
What is the duration of the renewed pass
  • Up to 3 years.
  • The duration of the renewed pass is not affected by the length of validity of your passport.
How much it costs
  • $225 for each pass
  • $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable)
How long it takes
  • Renew using EP Online: within 3 weeks for most cases.
  • Renew by post (for EP sponsorship cases only): within 8 weeks for most cases.
Notes / Remarks
  • Renewals are not guaranteed.
  • Applications will be evaluated against current eligibility criteria.
  • Remember to apply for renewal early.
  • Renewing early does not mean that you’ll lose the remaining days in your current pass.
  • The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
  • You’ll have to apply for renewal using the renewal forms for Employment Pass (sponsorship) holders.
  • If you miss the deadline, you must apply for a new pass.


Renewal Map

How to renew
  • Log in to EP Online to apply for renewal.
For EP (Sponsorship)

To renew EP (sponsorship):

  1. Complete the renewal form.
  2. Gather all supporting documents mentioned in the form.
  3. Post the completed form and supporting documents to:  Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18     Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
  4. The outcome will be emailed to the contact person indicated in the application.
When you can renew
  • You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.
Upon renewal

If your renewal is successful, you:

  1. Will get an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter. It is valid for 3 months.
  2. Must follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued.
  • You must get the pass issued before the IPA or current pass expires, whichever occurs first.
  • The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.


 After the pass is issued

After the pass is issued, print and check the notification letter to see:

If notification letter states

The existing card 

Getting a new card.
  • Must be returned according to instruction given in the notification letter.
Continue using the existing card.


  • Must be kept by the pass holder.


  • If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.
To Return the card
  • If you need to return the card to MOM, you can post it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
  • You can use EP Online’s “card return” function to tell MOM why you are unable to return the card.
When returning the work pass card:


  • Do not deface, cut up or punch holes into it.
  • Do not tape the card onto a letter.
  • Do not glue or tape multiple cards together.

Please refer to MOM website at www.mom.gov.sg for more detailed information and up-to-date guidelines with regulations.

ACHI BIZ is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.
Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.