Taking up secondary directorship by Employment Pass (EP) holders

Taking up secondary directorship

Eligible companies can appoint Employment Pass holders from another related company to their Board of Directors.

At a glance

Who can apply
  • Employer who intends to appoint EP holder to Board of Directors.
How long it takes
  • Within 5 weeks.
Documents required
  • Employment Pass Holder’s appointment letter to take up directorship.

Directorship with related company

If you decide to appoint an Employment Pass holder from another company to your Board of Directors, they will need to carry out directorship duties under the Companies Act.
As the employer:

  1. You must ensure that the Employment Pass holder’s employer has no objections to the Employment Pass holder taking on directorship.
  2. You must get approval from MOM by applying for a Letter of Consent (LOC) at: https://form.gov.sg/forms/mom/5b88b36bdcac67000fec0403 as directorship duties are considered work.
  3. If approved, you can then proceed to register the directorship position with ACRA.

MOM will generally grant an LOC only if:

  • Your company is related by shareholding to the Employment Pass holder’s employer. This must be reflected in ACRA records.
  • Employment Pass holder is taking up the secondary directorship for purposes related to their primary employment.

You can refer to the factsheet on EP holders taking up secondary directorship appointments for more information.

Please refer to MOM website at www.mom.gov.sg or www.cpf.gov.sg for more detailed information and up-to-date guidelines with regulations.

ACHI BIZ is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.

Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.