Shared Parental Leave In Singapore
As a working father, you can currently apply to share up to 4 weeks of your wife’s 16 weeks of Government-Paid Maternity Leave, subject to your wife’s agreement.
If you are a working father, including one who is self-employed, you are entitled to shared parental leave if you meet the following requirements:
- Your child is a Singapore citizen.
- The child’s mother qualifies for Government-Paid Maternity Leave (GPML).
- You are lawfully married to the child’s mother.
You may also be eligible for another 2 weeks of Government-Paid Paternity Leave.
If your citizen child is born, or has an estimated delivery date (EDD) on or after 1 July 2017, you are entitled to take up to 4 weeks of shared parental leave, capped at $2,500 per week, including CPF. The shared parental leave is allocated in blocks of full weeks, e.g. your wife can allocate 1 to 4 weeks of shared parental leave.
If your citizen child is born, or has an EDD before 1 July 2017, you will be entitled to 1 week of shared parental leave, capped at $2,500, including CPF.
You can take your leave as follows:
|Arrangement||Up to 4 weeks|
How to apply
For instructions on applying for leave or claiming reimbursement, you can use any of the following:
- Visit www.profamilyleave.gov.sg
- Call 1800 253 4757
- Email email@example.com
Find out more
To find out more about pro-family leave measures, you can:
- Visit the Hey Baby website at www.heybaby.sg for more on other enhancements to the Marriage and Parenthood Package.
- Read the guides for employees and employers on the Marriage and Parenthood leave measures.
Source of Information for Employment, all Work Passes & their related matters is from the Ministry Of Manpower & TAFEP.
You may wish to visit Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) online for detailed information and current updates.