Work Permit-Notify MOM For Foreign Domestic Worker (Helper) (FDW)

Employer To Notify MOM For FDW

Message of update hanging on card board with pinsWork Permit for FDW: Notify MOM

You need to notify MOM of changes during your Foreign Domestic Worker’s employment, including changes in residential address and worker’s passport details, worker’s pregnancy, missing worker, death of a worker or provide a reference for your worker.

You will need to notify MOM in these situations:

Change in residential address

You must notify MOM of your new residential address within 2 weeks of the change.

If you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident

Change of Residential Address for Identity Card (How to update address on NRIC?)

From 1 October 2020, all change of residential address shall be reported via the e-Service (at ) in the following steps.

  • Apply for the change of residential address using e-Service. Login with your SingPass and select your preferred language. You can apply for others (e.g. your family members) in the same application, if they are residing with you at your new address. Ensure that the information you have provided in the application is correct before submitting it.
  • You will receive ICA’s mail, containing a 6-digit PIN, at your new residential address. For local addresses, you should receive ICA’s mail within 3-5 working days. For overseas addresses, international delivery time is dependent on the postal service of the country.
  • Continue with your application at the e-Service. On the page showing your application status, click on “Verify PIN” and key in the 6-digit PIN.
  • Once the PIN is verified, your new address will be updated in ICA’s records immediately. Participating government agencies and statutory boards will be informed of your new address through the One-Stop Change of Address Reporting Service (OSCARS) within 1 working day. You can view the list of participating OSCARS agencies at
  • You will receive a sticker bearing your new address by mail. Follow the instructions in the mail to affix the sticker on your Identity Card (IC).
MOM will automatically update your helper’s workplace based on your new address and post an acknowledgement letter to you within 2 weeks.
Please print and pass that letter to your Helper to keep until her Work Permit falls due for renewal next time or in case of replacement of card due to missing or losing.


If you are on an Employment Pass (EP), S Pass, Dependant’s Pass or Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) issued by MOM

If you are holding an EP, S Pass, DP or LTVP issued by MOM, you need to update your residential address using EP Online. You will need a SingPass to log in.

LTVP (issued by MOM) holders need to get their EP, S Pass holders or sponsoring companies to update on their behalf.

Please print and pass that letter to your Helper to keep until her Work Permit falls due for renewal next time or in case of replacement of card due to missing or losing.


If you are on a LTVP issued by ICA

If your LTVP was issued by ICA, please log in to our FDW eService with your SingPass to update the address. If you do not have a SingPass, you can get an employment agent to do the updating for you.

Once you have logged in, click ‘Edit my Profile’ and upload the latest documents with your new address (e.g. bank statement, internet or utilities bill). MOM will email you the outcome within 3 working days.

Please print and pass that Outcome Email (letter) to your Helper to keep until her Work Permit falls due for renewal next time or in case of replacement of card due to missing or losing.


Change in FDW’s personal particulars

You need to inform MOM of changes to your helper’s personal particulars, such as passport updates.

You inform MOM through:

  • WP Online – for updating your helper’s name, date of birth, passport number, passport expiry date and marital status.
  • iSubmit – for all other changes. Attach copies of your letter of request and supporting documents (e.g. passport). Under Request Type, choose option 4.

MOM will inform ICA about the changes to passport details. If your helper wishes to clear immigration using the automated gates at the checkpoints, they can do so after 4 working days from the update.


Change in FDW’s salary

If you are lowering your helper’s salary, you must:

  1. Get her written consent.
  2. Inform MOM of her new salary using WP Online.

There is no need to inform MOM if you are raising your helper’s salary.


Working at another place

A foreign domestic worker (FDW) is only permitted to work at the registered residential address with the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). However, some employers may need the FDW to take care of their child or parent at a relative’s house.

The employer will need to notify MOM before allowing the FDW to work at another address. Enforcement action may be taken for failing to obtain MOM’s approval.

You must ensure all of the following to proceed:

  • You have already obtained your FDW’s written agreement to take care of your child or parent at the relative’s house.
  • Your FDW does not perform the full load of housework in both households.
  • If the FDW needs to stay overnight to take care of your child or parent at the relative’s house, her accommodation meets the requirements as listed at
  • You will continue to provide for your FDW’s upkeep and maintenance, which include providing acceptable accommodation, adequate food and medical treatment.

Note: Only the employer can submit this form.

Employers must submit this form to notify MOM before they can get their foreign domestic workers (FDWs) to take care of their child or parent at a relative’s house. Copy the below link for Form to be submitted with MOM by using your SingPass:


Provide a reference for your FDW

You can let MOM know if you wish to be a reference for your helper.

The prospective employer or employment agency can contact you to find out about your helper’s conduct, character, work attitude or performance.

Leave your contact details using the online feedback and indicate “Reference for FDW” in the message.

Include the following information:

  • Helper’s name and Work Permit number or FIN.
  • Employer’s name and employer’s NRIC or FIN.
  • Employer’s contact number or email.

MOM will do the following:

  • Inform the prospective employer or employment agency that MOM has received feedback about the FDW.
  • Release your contact details to the prospective employer or employment agency if they wish to find out more.

If a prospective employer decides to employ the FDW in spite of the feedback, MOM will process the application. MOM will only ban an FDW from employment if she is charged and found guilty of an offence under Singapore law.


If an FDW is pregnant

You need to notify MOM through iSubmit or using our online feedback.

Include the following information:

  • Name of FDW.
  • Work Permit number.
  • Doctor’s letter confirming the pregnancy and her expected delivery date.
  • Citizenship of the FDW’s spouse (if applicable).


If an FDW goes missing

You must file a missing person police report and cancel the Work Permit within 1 week of knowing that your helper is missing. If not, it is against the law and you will continue to be charged levy for the helper.

After cancellation, you have 1 month to find the helper. If you have made reasonable effort to locate her but she is not found by then, half of the security bond ($2,500) will be forfeited.


Appeal for refund of forfeited security bond

If your missing helper has been found and sent home, you can appeal for a refund of the forfeited security bond.


Death of an FDW

To report a death:

  1. Contact the police immediately.
  2. Send the following information to MOM within 12 hours of knowing about the death:
    • Your name and contact number.
    • Your foreign domestic worker’s name and Work Permit number.
  3. Cancel the work permit immediately after you have informed MOM about the death of foreign domestic worker. Upload a copy of the following documents when cancelling:
    • Death certificate.
    • Cremation certificate (if the body has been cremated in Singapore), or the airway bill (if the body has been sent back to home country).


When an FDW employer can be debarred

Employers can be debarred from hiring foreign domestic workers (FDWs) if they commit certain offences.

MOM may debar employers for infringing employment rules and regulations under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.

The infringements include the following:

  • Abuse of an FDW.
  • Exploiting or ill-treating an FDW e.g. not paying her salary or not providing her with adequate food and rest.
  • Instructing an FDW to perform tasks that compromise her safety and health.
  • Illegal employment or deployment of an FDW.


When an employer is debarred

If an employer is under investigation for offences, MOM will take this into consideration when they apply for or renew a Work Permit for an FDW.

Employers who are debarred will not be allowed to apply for a new Work Permit for an FDW or renew an existing Work Permit.

The period of debarment depends on the severity of the offences committed.


ACHI BIZ is one of the licensed Employment Agencies in Singapore. We will assist your work pass related applications and appeals at our level best with the regulatory authority Ministry Of Manpower (MOM) for successful outcome.
Please refer to our GUIDES for more information, SERVICES to meet your requirements or CONTACT us if you wish to avail these or many other services.
× WhatsApp ACHI!